Organizations that have invested in building complex Terraform based "Infrastructure as Code" for cluster provisioning can seamlessly integrate and use the controller for workload related operations.
Terraform is a tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- It uses configuration files to describe the entire datacenter. It then generates an execution plan and executes it to build the described infrastructure.
- It is typically used to manage low-level infrastructure components such as compute, storage, and networking
Organizations that have developed Terraform based cluster provisioning logic can embed it into a pipeline (e.g. Jenkins). The pipeline shown below is an illustrative example where a Jenkins based pipeline performs the following:
- Provision a Kubernetes cluster using Terraform
- Import the cluster into the controller and apply a standard cluster blueprint
- Use the controller for Visibility, Monitoring and Workload Operations.