Part 1: Setup
What Will You Do¶
This is Part 1 of a multi-part, self-paced quick start exercise. In this part, you will perform a few "one-time" tasks required for cluster provisioning.
Step 1: Cloud Credentials¶
Cloud credentials provide privileges to programmatically interact with your Amazon AWS account so that the lifecycle of infrastructure associated with the Amazon EKS cluster can be managed.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions to create an IAM Role based cloud credential.
- Provide a name for the cloud credential such as "aws-cloud-credential"
Step 2: Download RCTL¶
The RCTL CLI allows you to programmatically interact with the controller enabling users to construct sophisticated automation workflows.
- Login into your Org
- Navigate to "My Tools" to download both the RCTL CLI and the "CLI Config" file
- Initialize RCTL using the step-by-step instructions
- Ensure you update your OS's Path environment variable for RCTL
Step 3: Clone Git Repo¶
Declarative specs for the Amazon EKS cluster and other resources are available in a Git repository
- Clone the Git repository to your laptop using the command below.
git clone https://github.com/RafaySystems/getstarted.git
- Once complete, you should see a folder called "efseks" which contains the specs needed for this excercise.
At this point, you have everything setup and configured to provision the Amazon EKS Cluster.