Part 1: Setup
What Will You Do¶
This is Part 1 of a multi-part, self-paced quick start exercise. In this part, you will perform a few "one-time" tasks. Declarative specifications are provided for the exercise so that you can get started with just a few commands.
If you want to follow the Web Console/UI based approach for this exercise, you can skip this part and proceed to Step 2
Step 1: Download RCTL¶
The RCTL CLI allows you to programmatically interact with the controller enabling users to construct sophisticated automation workflows.
- Login into your Org
- Navigate to "My Tools" to download both the RCTL CLI and the "CLI Config" file
- Initialize RCTL using the step-by-step instructions
- Ensure you update your OS's Path environment variable for RCTL
Step 2: Clone Git Repo¶
Declarative specs for this excercise are available in a Git repository
- Clone the Git repository to your laptop using the command below.
git clone https://github.com/RafaySystems/getstarted.git
- Once complete, you should see a folder called "opa_gatekeeper" which contains the declarative specs needed for this excercise.
drwxr-xr-x 4 matreya staff 128 Apr 3 07:44 blueprint drwxr-xr-x 6 matreya staff 192 Apr 3 07:44 constraint_templates drwxr-xr-x 6 matreya staff 192 Apr 3 07:44 constraints drwxr-xr-x 3 matreya staff 96 Apr 3 07:44 policy drwxr-xr-x 4 matreya staff 128 Apr 3 07:44 workload
At this point, you have everything setup and configured to start the exercise.