This document describes how customers can configure and use Amazon Managed Service for Prometheus (AMP) to store and query critical operational metrics from their Kubernetes clusters. AMP provides a number of key benefits that allow organizations to offload undifferentiated heavy lifting to AWS
- AMP automatically scales with the customer's needs
- Customers do not have to operate and manage complex time series database infrastructure
- AMP is seamlessly integrated with AWS's Security Services i.e. all queries sent to the service are authorized by AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Prometheus-compatible monitoring and alerting service
What Will You Do¶
In this multi-part recipe, you will perform the following:
- Provision an Amazon EKS Cluster
- Create an AMP workspace in a supported AWS region
- Create an IAM Role for Service Accounts (IRSA) to perform writes and reads to the AMP service
- Create a custom cluster blueprint with a Prometheus server (addon) to the EKS cluster. You will configure the addon so that it can perform remote writes to your AMP workspace
- Apply updated cluster blueprint on your EKS Cluster
- Deploy Grafana to access and visualize the long term metrics stored in AMP
- You have an AWS account with sufficient privileges to provision an EKS cluster using the Controller and create an AMP workspace
- You have access to an Org with a role to provision clusters and deploy workloads.