Part 3: Chargeback/Showback
What You Will Do¶
This is Part 3 of a multi-part, self-paced quick start exercise. In this part, you will:
- Create a Chargeback/Showback group comprising of a clusters from 1 project and a label from a different project.
- Generate and download a cost report for the chargeback group
Navigate to Hone -> System -> Cost Governance
You will see 2 sections under Chargeback Groups.
Step 1: Configuration¶
Configuration lets you specify whether you want to distribute the cost incurred on unallocated resources to tenants in the clusters. Once you check the box, you will be presented with 2 options to choose from:
- Share Based on Allocation: Distributes unallocated costs based on ratio of compute usage of each tenant of a cluster
- Share Based on Tenancy: Distributes unallocated costs equally between all tenants of a cluster
For this exercise, select "Share Based on Tenancy".
Step 2: Create Group¶
Groups section lists all the chargeback groups created. Each line item shows the name of the group, brief summary and actions.
- Click on "Create Chargeback Group"
- Give an appropriate name (say, demo-chargeback-group) and select a project from the list below
- Select a combination of Cluster, Namespace, Workload Labels
- Select Include, multiple such combinations can be selected and added to a chargeback groups
- Click Save
Step 3: Generate and Download Report¶
- Click on the ellipses at the end of the list item and select "Reports"
- Select a start date and end date in the "Generate Chargeback Report" section and click on Generate
The report generation starts and you will see "In Progress" status in the below section. Once the status turns to "Completed" click on the download report button.
The report contains cost data at a pod level aggregated per day in for the duration selected.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a chargeback group and generated a cost report.