A group is a collection of users that have the same role or roles. Groups make it easier to manage users that are similar instead of managing users one at a time.
All Organizations come primed with two default groups.
All Local Users (All users that are managed locally in the Org belong to the "All Local Users" group. This group has the least privileges in the platform)
Organization Admins (Users that belong to this group have access to ALL PROJECTS and is the most privileged role)
Admins can easily add/remove users from Groups.
- Click on Group
- They are presented with a Add/Remove Members option
- Once the specific users are selected, you can add them to the Group
- Once the users are added to the group, they will automatically inherit the roles associated with the group.
Assign Groups to Projects¶
In the example below, we have a Project called "Production". We have created a Group called "Production Admins" who are meant to be the group of privileged users for this Project.
Instead of assigning users "one at a time", we will assign the "Production" Project to the group called "Production Admins"
- Click on "Assign Group to Project"
- Select the Project from the drop down
- Select "Project Admin" role from the list
Organization Admins can model similar structures using groups.
Admins can also review the users and projects associated with a group.
In the example below, we plan to review the users and projects associated with the Group "Production Admins"
- Click on the Project Name
- In the users tab, notice that there is only one user in this group
- In the projects tab, notice that there is only one project called "Production" associated with this group.