In this self-paced exercise, you will learn how to setup the managed storage add-on.
This add-on deploys Rook Ceph into the cluster and will utilize all raw storage devices on nodes that are assigned the storage role.
The managed storage add-on will create three storageclasses that will expose the following storage types:
- Block: Create block storage to be consumed by a pod (RWO)
- Shared Filesystem: Create a filesystem to be shared across multiple pods (RWX)
- Object: Create an object store that is accessible inside or outside the Kubernetes cluster
In order to use the managed storage add-on, at least one of these local storage options are required on each storage node in the cluster.
- Raw devices (no partitions or formatted filesystems)
- Raw partitions (no formatted filesystem)
- LVM Logical Volumes (no formatted filesystem)
- Persistent Volumes available from a storage class in block mode
What Will You Do by Part¶
|Part||What will you do?|
|1||Configure and Verify node configuration|
|2||Create Blueprint and deploy it to the cluster|
|3||Test the storage|
|4||Expand the storage|
You have already provisioned or imported an upstream Kubernetes cluster using the controller. The cluster nodes must contain a raw, unformatted storage device.