Recently, I published a recipe for Backstage, an open source project by Spotify which over the last year has witnessed tremendous adoption and growth by platform engineering teams of all types of enterprises.
Some of the key features of Backstage include:
- an easy-to-use interface for developers
- extensible plugin ecosystem (for ex. plugins available for GitHub Actions, ArgoCD, AWS, and more)
- ability to easily build and publish tech documentation
- native Kubernetes plugin for cloud-native apps
- ability to compose different developer workflows into an Internal Developer Portal (IDP)