A restore job performs the action of restoring data on clusters in compliance with the configured restore policy. Follow the instructions here to create a restore policy.
Typical use cases for restore jobs from a backup snapshot are:
- Roll back to a good known configuration of specific application namespaces
- Migrate a cluster from one environment to another
- Restore the cluster to recover from disasters like hardware failure etc.
Use the steps below to perform a restore job.
- From the web console, navigate to your Project
- Go to Backup/Restore -> Jobs
- Click on "Restore Job" to create a new restore job
- Select the Restore Policy from the "Policy" drop down list
- Click "ADD CLUSTER" and select the cluster name that you would like to "restore to" from the cluster drop down list
- Select the cluster's backup snapshot to "restore from" in the "Restore From Backup" drop down list.
- Click "EXECUTE" to perform the restore for your cluster from the selected backup snapshot with the configured restore policy.
- Once the restore job is complete, the restore job status will be displayed in the "JOBS" list
Optionally, you can also verify the restore results and logs in your AWS S3 bucket or S3 Compatible Storage. Here is an example of the restore results and logs of the cluster in a MinIO storage bucket.