A "Data Agent" will be automatically deployed to your cluster where backup or restore needs to be performed. Follow the steps described below to deploy a data agent to your clusters.
- In the web console, navigate to "Backup/Restore" -> Data Agents
- Add a "New Agent", provide a name and an optional description
- Select the "Cloud Credential" from drop-down that will be used for accessing the data backup location
- Click "CREATE" to add the data agent
Enable/Disable the option "Enable Volume Backups for On-prem Clusters" if you would like to use this agent for persistent volume backups.
- From the Data Agent list, click "Deploy" to cluster option
- Click "ADD CLUSTER" and select the cluster name to deploy the data agent to from the dropdown list
- Click "DEPLOY" to deploy this agent to the selected clusters
You can have the same "data agent" deployed to multiple clusters in the same project
- Deployment of the data agent to clusters is fully automated and can take a few minutes
- Once the data agent is deployed successfully to the cluster, the agent status will display in the Data Agent page.
You are now ready to create a backup and restore job for your cluster